A while ago, we asked the question:
“What song do you listen to that helps you get through tough times?”
There were a range of responses—some of you named specific artists, while many others of you could pinpoint a single song that you go to without thinking twice. If anything is for certain, music definitely can make us feel that we’re not alone. It can speak to us straight to our hearts—as if there’s someone else on the other side that has been through what we’re currently going through saying they understand exactly what you’re feeling and it’s okay.
Here is the list of songs you came up with that helps you get through the tough times:
- Chasing Ghosts // The Amity Affliction
- Eye of the Storm // Cruxshadows
- Fight Song // Rachel Platten
- Brave // Sara Bareilles
- Walk // Foo Fighters
- Chain Breaker // Zach Williams
- Digging // Vanna
- Flower // Vanna
- Chasing Cars // Snow Patrol
- Ever Be and It Is Well // Bethel Music
- You’re Gonna Be Okay // Bethel Music
- In The Presence // Elevation Worship
- Fortress // Elevation Worship
- Migraine // Twenty One Pilots
- Car radio // Twenty One Pilots
- Truce // Twenty One Pilots
- You Are Enough // Jason Castro
- Uprising // Muse
- Invincible // Muse
- The Last Night // Skillet
- Came Out Swinging // The Wonder Years
- I Hope This Comes Back to Haunt You // Neck Deep
- Tell your heart to beat again // Danny Gokey
- Misguided ghosts // Paramore
- Again // Jessie Clark Funk
- Unsteady // X Ambassadors
- Bent // Matchbox 20
- Never Give Up // Sia
- Alive // Sia
- That’s What Makes You Beautiful // One Direction
- You Gotta Be // Desree
- Fix You // Coldplay
- Jet Black Heart // 5 Seconds of Summer
- Beside You // 5 Seconds of Summer
Feel free to comment with some more songs!
On New Year’s Eve, we encouraged people to draw “+” signs on their hands as a way to enourage them to take things “one at a time.” We announced it only a few days before the end of the year, but felt it could be helpful for some people dealing with the anxiety and stress that comes with a new year.
The back story is that there is a “+” sign as part of the “H” in the Hope Keeps Living logo. It is intentionally there to serve as a reminder that when things get tough, you just have to take things one at a time. One more minute. One more hour. One more day. One more. You can make it through. You are strong and capable enough.
Again, thank you to all those who participated in the initial round of #OnwardBraveOne. It’s so encouraging to see people making a choice to keep moving forward.
Also, everyone feel free to keep this going and use #OnwardBraveOne and #HopeKeepsLiving too. You can use the extra text below to share info as needed.
Draw a “+” anywhere on your hand (and use #OnwardBraveOne for sharing) to serve as a reminder that when things get tough, you just have to take things one at a time. One more minute. One more hour. One more day. One more. You can make it through. Onward, brave one. #HopeKeepsLiving
We’ve decided we need a place online where we can have everything all together…a place for everything to live. Let this be the place you can refer to that will lead you to the other places we can be found. At the bottom, you can find links to our Instagram, Facebook page, Twitter, and email. Also, under the contact tab, there is a form you can easily fill out to tell your story, simply say “hey!” or anything else you need to let us know!